Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Another month clear

Drove through snow to have my labs done and meet with the oncologist. Everything continues to be stable. In fact, my tumor markers have dropped a bit. So, the doctor wanted to know what I was comfortable with in regard to how often to test. It was interesting that he brought up this topic since my first question for him was, "What if we want to travel and skip a month of labs?" It seems it's largely up to me to determine the pace of surveillance as well as when to resume treatment if the markers rise. So, it's back to the internet for me to continue stalking all the sites with Ovarian cancer info, clinical trials, discussion boards, etc. I should just go ahead and get the dang medical degree...except those who are expert in this disease don't seem to have many definite answers either!
Pfffft! Time for a beer and a couple of hours with a good novel.

1 comment: