Monday, January 10, 2011

Over the holidays

It's coming up time for the next labs and doctor visit. Sometimes I feel "lah-di-dah" about it. Everything's  normal, get a list of questions together to manage those pesky side effects. But at other times, well, I'm scared and anxious. I know remission is often short-lived, but I want to be the exception, and I want to BELIEVE that I'm the exception. I guess it'll take a few more months before I can begin to take things for granted, if ever.
But the holidays were great. Our family made the effort to have togetherness the reason for our joy, and it was all of that. When I was first diagnosed I thought I had three months, that's all. To have been alive, HEALTHY, and happy all the way to Christmas was a real blessing. Here's to more chances for all of us to be together in the future. Kompai! (a Japanese toast)

No comments:

Post a Comment